Saturday, October 16, 2010

Flowers and Slow cookers

Meg and I spent the day planting bulbs at the Sunshine Childern's Home with the Dublin Central Rotary club. It was nice to get out of town, and when we were done we traveled to the end of the Luas green line to have a look around. I hope we can go back some weekend to hike around the hills.

When I lived out at the lake I became a big fan of slow cookers. I figured out how to make a pretty good mexican chicken and rice with some frozen chicken breast, rice, hot sauce and taco seasoning. Meg, on the other hand, can make some really good pot roast in one. This is why the first thing we got for our kitchen here was, yep, a slow cooker.

Apparently they are not as well known here as they are in the states, as none of the department stores carried them, and the first ones we saw were in a family-owned store. The Blacks ended up ordering one for us on Amazon.uk, and I think it is bigger than the ones we had stateside.

No comments: