Monday, October 18, 2010

Routines and Work Space

I've been having a difficult time getting into a routine here, and I think the biggest problem is that I have no designated "work space" like I did in the states. Hopefully that will change soon, as we are finally settled in with internet.
Of course I also haven't had to actually DO anything yet, so work space has not been at the top of my to-do list. That will change pretty soon as school is ramping up (my professors took last week, the third week of class, off to go to a conference in Hamburg) and I'm applying for some jobs. If I do get some work-at-home type jobs then I'll have to reconsider my work area.

I've thought at length about what my favorite work area would be, and luckily Meg and I both agree it would be more a library than a study. I would like it to have chairs for reading, and possibly a partner's desk so two people can work at once. Meg and I found a very nice antique partner's desk in Paducah before we left, but where we found one we can find another.

No comments: